(Image Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/shookphotos/5727898411)
My family recently returned from a 7-day trip to Orlando, Florida. Expect the unexpected because I am starting with the negatives of the trip. Prepare yourself for ranting and venting.
(Image Source: http://www.theprospect.net/what-its-like-to-travel-through-airports-a-gifs-piece-25245)
1. I have always wanted to travel the world, but I am having second thoughts. On the way to Florida, the layover in Dallas lasted four hours instead of one hour; sleeping in an airport is definitely not comfortable. Despite not having problems in the past, I got extremely sick during the flights. In a nutshell, I am no longer a fan of flying.
(Image Source: http://www.buzzfeed.com/mathewg5/18-questions-sweaty-girls-are-tired-of-being-asked-dst2?sub=3400732_3475297#.al3we0wOdx)
2. I lived in Texas for 13 years, and the humidity was unbearable. Visiting Florida was like reliving a nightmare. Non-stop sweating, irritability, and face breakouts. Fun stuff!!
3. I have heard tales of the hissing cockroaches in the sunshine state. I believed they were big but thought the size was exaggerated. NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! Me and my brother, while exploring the resort grounds, discovered the dead body of a cockroach. Believe me when I tell you the stories are not an exaggeration. Hissing cockroaches are BIG.
(Image Source: https://nicolegoldfarb.wordpress.com/2014/07/15/10-things-ive-learned-about-living-in-nyc/)
4. Hotel prices are ridiculous. I paid $14 for SPF 15 sunscreen. Seriously???
(Image Source: http://memegenerator.net/instance/24458614)
5. Where are all the kids coming from?? Is there a fall break from grade school that I have never heard of?? Either that or everyone in Florida is home-schooled.
6. Sports highs are amazing. Sports lows, not so much. Unfortunately, during the trip, the Anaheim Angels came up one game short of the playoffs, and the USC Trojans were upset by Washington. My heart is still recovering.
(Image Source: https://ethiopiacatalog.wordpress.com/2013/12/02/peace-corps-abcs/)
7. I had a blast at Disney World, but the crowds were both unexpected and annoying. My family purposefully went during October because it is supposed to be a slow month. If that is a slow month, I cannot even fathom what summertime is like. The crowds were massive, and the people were, more often than not, rude. I had a lot of fun, but I would be lying if I said the amount of people didn’t make me miserable more than once.
(Image Source: http://smileslovesyou.tumblr.com/post/30292461109)
8. Never EVER wear converse to a theme park. For the first two out of three days at Disney World, I wore Converse. NEVER AGAIN!! I cannot even begin to explain the excruciating pain, limping, and blisters I endured. Thankfully, my family lifted my spirits by making me laugh and allowing me to sit and rest every now and then.
(Image Source: http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3t8s5i)
9. Vacation is exhausting! I know that might sound snobby and/or ungrateful, but I am being dead serious. I need a post-vacation vacation.
Stay tuned for part 2 coming soon. The theme is Disney World versus Disneyland. :)
Subscribe to my blog to receive email notifications, and check out my other links listed below.
– Lauren Michele <3
Previous Post: https://laurenmichelelifestyle.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/college-graduation-one-year-later/
Art Blog: https://laurenmichelephotography.wordpress.com/
Sign Up For MyWebRoom: http://9nl.me/LaurenMichele
Lauren Michele’s MyWebRoom: http://www.mywebroom.com/room/laurenmicheleonline/#