Continuing to stew in nostalgia, I watched this movie Thursday night, and it did not disappoint. The influence of Sherlock Holmes is evident in all the right ways. The overall style and vibe is Victorian and dark, and the dialogue is witty. There are easter eggs that are sure to put a smile on your face:
1. Mr. Holmes resides at 221 Baker Street. Basil resides at 221 1/2 Baker Street
2. Basil’s small, cozy home is located under and resembles Sherlock Holmes’ residence.
3. Basil’s name refers to an alias of Sherlock Holmes and actor Basil Rathbone known for his film role as Holmes.
4. Basil’s wardrobe and personality are obviously inspired by the famous detective. The cape, hat, magnifying glass, and quirks are all there.
5. What is Holmes without Watson?? I give you Dr. David Q. Dawson, the mouse version of Dr. John H. Watson.
6. Sherlock Holmes’ shadow and voice make an appearance. Because Basil Rathbone had passed away before this movie was made, an audio clip from a previous film was used.
For more information: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091149/
What are you waiting for?? Go watch the movie!! 😄
Subscribe to my blog to receive email notifications, and check out my other links listed below.
– Lauren Michele <3
Previous Post: The Present
Art Blog: https://laurenmichelephotography.wordpress.com/
Lauren Michele’s MyWebRoom: http://www.mywebroom.com/room/laurenmicheleonline/#
Sign up for MyWebRoom: http://www.mywebroom.com
One thought on “The Great Mouse Detective”