Take a deep breath TWD fans. Let’s talk through the pain.
* * * Warning: I will be talking openly so please DO NOT read this if you have not watched the season 6 finale. There may be SPOILERS ahead.
1. I have no idea what is wrong with Maggie, but I’m scared. What happens if she miscarried?? Every human that dies becomes a zombie. What does that mean?? Are things about to get really weird??
2. I’m pretty sure Carl and Enid will never be friends again. He locked her in a closet!! I know he was trying to protect her, but I don’t think she will be very understanding. On the other hand, maybe she will be. The group has worse things to deal with now.
3. I loved watching Carol’s progression into the kick-butt category but didn’t realize the toll it had taken until this episode. She stared death in the face and taunted her shooter to finish the job. She has managed to stay alive, but fear and emotion are starting to make her unstable.
4. I was concerned when Morgan told Carol’s shooter he could leave alive. He has tried my patience this season with his “zen” approach to the zombie apocalypse. Thankfully he did what he had to do: shoot the enemy. Seriously though, the one time he decides to kill a (bad) human, and he wastes all of his bullets. One headshot would have sufficed.
5. The Saviors taunted Rick’s group the entire episode, but the worst blow was the stunt they pulled dressing two zombies with items from Daryl and Michonne. That was cruel considering no one knew Daryl, Glenn, Michonne, and Rosita were in danger.
6. This episode had me on edge the entire 90 minutes. By the end, I had cried and said goodbye to every character just in case. When Eugene left with the RV, I was sure he was a dead man. Next thing I know, I’m watching several beloved characters kneel before Negan and fear for their lives. My body was shaking. My hands were partially covering my eyes. Tears were streaming down my face. I was not okay. I’m still not okay.
Closing Thoughts: First of all, let’s take a moment to appreciate the stellar cast. The regulars did a fantastic job, especially those who came face to face with Negan. Watching Rick go from confident leader to powerless victim was heartbreaking. The Saviors’ whistling sent chills down my spine and freaked me out, paving the way for Negan. I knew Jeffrey Dean Morgan would kill it, and he did not disappoint. In the end, it was implied that someone died a la Lucille, but the identity was not revealed. I was so emotionally shaken that I didn’t think twice about the cliffhanger until I read social media comments. I have come to expect cliffhangers from TWD so I wasn’t bothered, but I understand why fans are upset. After numerous mid-season and season finale cliffhangers, people were craving some closure, closure they once again did not get. I trust that the writers know what they’re doing, but I do think the show has lost some of its edge in the eyes of viewers. I have not given up and don’t plan on doing so anytime soon. The Negan storyline is promising in terms of edgy content, and I’m nervous/excited to see what happens next.
Subscribe to my blog to receive email notifications, and check out my other links listed below.
– Lauren Michele <3
Previous Post: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Art Blog: https://laurenmichelephotography.wordpress.com/
Lauren Michele’s MyWebRoom: http://www.mywebroom.com/room/laurenmicheleonline/#
Sign up for MyWebRoom: http://www.mywebroom.com
One thought on “The Walking Dead Season 6 Finale | April 2016”