Hello readers! If you reside in a part of the world that is currently snowed in, allow me to bring up the topic of books and lift your spirits. I am very proud to announce that I have completed 2 out of 12 categories in the 2016 Reading Challenge.
This series is flawless! Ms. Woodsmall took on the delicate subject of rape and succeeded in telling a story that is candid but comfortable to read and engaging.
“Hannah Lapp was born and raised in an Old Order Amish home, without electricity, a telephone, or the right to follow her heart. Without her parents’ knowledge, she’s been in love with Mennonite Paul Waddell for years. When he asks her to marry him, she accepts, even though to do so will cause her family to avoid her for the rest of her life. Before Hannah and Paul reveal their relationship, tragedy strikes. In one unwelcome encounter, all that Hannah has known and believed is destroyed and she faces losing everything: her family, her fiancé, and even her faith in God.”
Because I overwatched the movie as a child, it is not high on my list these days. I was not sure I would enjoy the book, but I am so glad I was wrong. I thoroughly enjoyed every single page and would love to finish the series.
Let’s revisit my list to see the progress:
• Published This Year – “Land of Silence” by Tessa Afshar | “A Spy’s Devotion” by Melanie Dickerson
✔️ Finish in a Day – “The Wonderful Wizard of Oz” by L. Frank Baum
• Meaning to Read – “Zoo” by Michael Ledwidge & James Patterson
• Recommended by Bookseller or Librarian – “A Series of Unfortunate Events” by Lemony Snicket | “The Girl on The Train” by Paula Hawkins
• Should Have Read in School – “Ben Hur: A Tale of the Christ” by Lew Wallace
• Chosen by Spouse, Partner, Sibling, Child, or BFF – “As Sure As The Dawn” by Francine Rivers
• Published Before You Were Born – “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” by Truman Capote
• Banned at Some Point – “Alice in Wonderland” by Lewis Carroll
• Previously Abandoned – “Elixir” series by Hilary Duff
• Own But Never Read – “First Light” by Bodie & Brocke Thoene
• Intimidates You – “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen
✔️ Already Read at Least Once – “Sisters of the Quilt” by Cindy Woodsmall
Are you participating in the challenge? What are you currently reading? Feel free to leave comments down below. :)
Subscribe to my blog to receive email notifications, and check out my other links listed below.
– Lauren Michele <3
Previous Post: Thumbs Up & Subscribe
Lauren Michele’s MyWebRoom: http://www.mywebroom.com/room/laurenmicheleonline/#
Sign up for MyWebRoom: http://www.mywebroom.com