Despite feeling pain in every part of my body, I enjoyed my five-mile hike yesterday. Here are two photos of what I saw:
I was with a group of people from my church that included three brothers. Despite physical strain and heat, the boys kept the long hike fun. I will start with two things the youngest brother said:
1. He and his mom were discussing something about his hand. When she brought up his fingers, he promptly asked “Mom, aren’t these phalanges?” I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing out loud. Phalanges?? Let this be a lesson to haters: Homeschool kids are smart! Also, he isn’t older than four or five years old.
2. “Mom, who made the hills?” “God made the hills.” “Who made the bigger hills?” “God made the bigger hills.” “Who made the even bigger hills?” “God made the even bigger hills. God made all the hills.” *Pause* “Wow! That’s a lot of work!” If I had the capability, I would be typing a million laughing emojis right now.
Next up is the oldest brother Charlie. Where has this kid been all my life??
1. He found and gave me a walking stick for when my hands got tired.
2. He told me if I fell down the mountain, he would catch me. He added that it would be easy because I am lighter than him. Major points for the weight compliment! FYI, he is no older than seven or eight years old.
3. He asked me if I had ever been camping. I replied “No.” He then stated that when he grows up, he is going to buy a tent and take me camping. How cute is that?!!
I am so glad I had the opportunity to be around kids. I forgot how funny, witty, and intelligent they can be! It is important to give children boundaries in order to keep them safe and teach them manners. However, there is so much to learn from their curiosity and courage. They question everything and jump without inhibition.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Stay tuned for a very special fashion post coming soon. Very soon. Within the next 24 hours. Get excited!
Subscribe to my blog to receive email notifications, and check out my other links listed below.
– Lauren Michele <3
Sign Up For MyWebRoom: http://9nl.me/LaurenMichele
Lauren Michele’s MyWebRoom: http://www.mywebroom.com/room/laurenmicheleonline/#